Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quick Facts About the Rocky Mountains

Hey everybody, today I will be talking about the Rocky Mountains. I actually had a choice to talk about Osama bin Laden's death or the Rocky Mountains. I chose the Rocky Mountains because most of my viewers probably wouldn't agree with my opinions. Also, don't get me wrong, his death was a good thing.


The Rocky Mountains extend over 3,000 miles of land from New Mexico to Canada and even into Alaska.

The Rocky Mountains form the Continental Divide, separating waters from the Atlantic and Arctic oceans from the Pacific Ocean.

The highest peak of the Rocky Mountains, Mt. Elbert, is in Colorado and is 14,431 ft high.


The Rockies are usually divided into five sections, the Southern Rockies, Middle Rockies, Northern Rockies, the Rocky Mountain system of Canada, and Brooks Range in Alaska.


The Wyoming Basin is sometimes considered a sixth section.




Well, there you go, here are five facts for you

No comments:

Post a Comment